Monday, March 5, 2012

Not As Planned

Well, that didn't last long, did it?

As an effort to see how many people really do like my blog, I put a survey thing to the left. Please vote if you like my blog. Also, I fixed the time zone so it showed EST.

Now, let's talk about a subject I LOVE: MSAs. Just kidding. I HATE the MSAs. It's a lot of preparing, stressing, and suspense for one test. ONE TEST! (Well, 2 because math and language arts, and some people have science ones, but still.) MSAs are only for Maryland, but they have similar tests in almost every state. And really, what's the point?

  • If it's to test how much we know: Big deal. The teachers are smart enough to figure that out on their own. Plus, it's how much we KNOW, not how much we know after they jammed all this extra information in our heads.
  • If it's to teach us how to deal with big tests: WHY?!
  • If it's to review everything we have learned: In all of the MSAs that I have ever taken (and that's a lot, like 4 or 5 or 6 or something years), I can honestly state that the information is almost completely irrelevant to other information we have learned throughout the year. Especially for the people who are in advanced classes, since the MSAs are based on the normal classes.
Does anyone else agree? There needs to be a protest against MSAs. Use your voice. It wasn't given to you to hold. There is no wasting it by overuse, just underuse. Speak now. Please comment if you agree.

Driven Inspiration

3 comments:

  1. I TOTALY agree with you I mean, just Monday last week my teacher was reveiwing math for the MSAs with us and said, ''now, boys and girls, MSA is a VERY big deal so you need to be with me!'' In the back of my mind I was thinking NO ITS NOT!!!!! GEE! :)

    annoyed

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right!!! I AGREE COMPLETELY!!!!! I live in MD to so I have to take the same dumb test....... grr....... who invented these darnit things anyways???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omigosh you guys!!! You guys posted almost exactly after me..... it's so... INSPIRING!!

    ReplyDelete